For those of you interested in the writers of noir fiction and the Hollywood screen-writers who penned the movies of the classic noir period, a visit to Woody Haut’s Blog is strongly recommended. Woody Haught is a journalist and the author of Pulp Culture: Hardboiled Fiction and the Cold War, Neon Noir: Contemporary American Crime Fiction, and Heartbreak and Vine: The Fate of Hardboiled Writers in Hollywood.
His essays are well-written and provide some fascinating insights. These sample posts should be of direct interest to readers of FilmsNoir.Net:
- John Fante: Between Two Worlds
- Daniel Fuchs: From Proletariat Fiction to Film Noir
- Tabloid Noir: Samuel Fuller’s Films and Fiction
- Steve Fisher’s I Wake Up Screaming
- A Thin Line Between Poetry and Pulp: David Goodis’s Short Stories
- Between Hell’s Highway and The Big House: Robert Tasker and Those Who Knew Him